What's the story with the ElasticSearch sink?

Topics: Contributing, General
Aug 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM
In the 2.0 release notes I see that the ElasticSearch sink is now "driven by the community". What does this mean going forward? Is the code still going to live in the main solution (like it is now)? Is there someone from the community driving its release?

An example would be the support for ProcessId and ThreadId: it has been added in code as part of the work for 2.0, but because its NuGet package isn't released by the p&p team anymore people using the package aren't able to enjoy the new fields :(

I'm happy to help if support is needed!
Aug 27, 2014 at 2:55 AM
In the 2.0 release notes I see that the ElasticSearch sink is now "driven by the community". What does this mean going forward? Is the code still going to live in the main solution (like it is now)? Is there someone from the community driving its release?

In the future, the code will be removed from the core solution. The ownership of the NuGet package is now trentmswanson and fullscale180.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Sep 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Thanks!
Sep 10, 2014 at 3:44 AM
We will be publishing an updated package for the Elasticsearch sink very soon.
Sep 23, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up here and let you know we are planning to publish an updated Elasticsearch sink September 29th.
Oct 6, 2014 at 6:04 AM
Update has been published, please provide any feedback on this sink at the following location.
https://github.com/fullscale180/slab-sinks