Discussions under Using

Do we have any way to create generic EventSource

first post: vthawale wrote: The class which is derived from EventSource in ETW or in semantic l...

The schema of EventEntry was not updated using out-of-process

first post: capcom923 wrote: Hi guys, I write a custom EventSource class and add a method for ...

latest post: chrduf wrote: This is being caused by the manifest files being cached. Please see...

TraceEventServiceOutOfBandEventInfo Error

first post: mlavigne wrote: I'm using Out-Of-Process to log my event sources to a file and data...

EventSourceAnalyzer test does not fail

first post: ddosa wrote: Hi, i am using EventSource and would like to test for eventId usin...

WindowsAzureTableSink - why are payload fields duplicated? Partition key resolution?

first post: rcarduner wrote: Looking for some explanation, costs & benefits of why event propert...

Payload in EventEntry class is losing the data being passed to WriteEvent()

first post: trentw64 wrote: I have written a custom sink to handle specific database logging. ...

Missing the Obvious: Viewing Sink Data

first post: MichaelDBang wrote: Hello Community, I just read this incredible document: http://msd...

latest post: Expecho wrote: I kind of have the same question. This might nog be the best place ...

answered by: randylevy wrote: Now, after finishing this document, I can't seem to find the answe...

Anyway to use wildcards for eventSource names?

first post: reverseblade wrote: When doing out of proc logging with SLAB typically I have a block l...

latest post: bennage wrote: You can propose new features. We intend to start the planning for a...

answered by: randylevy wrote: No, there is no way in SLAB to configure eventSources by name using...

Are the samples really "the right way to do it"?

first post: JMerrill wrote: The code samples in the Enterprise Library v6 samples implement the...

latest post: bennage wrote: It does not make difference. You can use the readonly field. :-)

Processing a SLAB-created file holding log events

first post: JMerrill wrote: The documentation describes both in-process and out-of-process mech...