Can't Build Source

Topics: Contributing
Jan 9, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Hello,
I am executing the following steps:
I am going to https://slab.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest and clicking on download.
I am unzipping the source and moving it to another directory.
I am opening up the solution in VS2012.
And I get the following build errors:

Error 1 The "StyleCopTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly <mylocalmachine>\SlabSource\build\packages\StyleCop.4.7.10.0\lib\StyleCop.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///<mylocalmachine>\SlabSource\build\packages\StyleCop.4.7.10.0\lib\StyleCop.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. SemanticLogging
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Edited Jan 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM
StyleCop.dll was not installed in the build packages directory. You can manually download the package from NuGet and copy to the build\packages directory or the open a VS Command Prompt and navigate to the build directory and type "msbuild". It will set everything up, compile, run the tests etc. Once StyleCop is installed you can open in VS2012 and compile.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to